At Good Earth Sandals, we are big fans of earthing. In simplest terms, earthing involves walking barefoot on soil, grass, sand, and other natural surfaces. Because our sandals are made from 100% leather you get all of the benefits of earthing while still protecting your feet. Earthing is scientifically proven to connect to the earth’s natural energy, which diminishes chronic pain, fatigue, and other ailments.
How does Earthing work?
- The earth is a conductor of free electrons, and so are all living things on the planet, including us. In many ways, these electrons are nature’s most potent antioxidants. They help neutralize damaging excess free radicals that can lead to inflammation and disease in the body.
- Our bodies are composed of water and minerals, an excellent combination for conducting electrons from the earth. When our skin comes in contact with the earth, free electrons become absorbed by the body with direct contact with our skin, and especially when we walk barefoot. That’s why we make Good Earth Sandals with natural materials.
What are the benefits of Earthing?
- Walking on natural materials draws electrons from the earth and increases antioxidants, which defuses the cause of inflammation, and improves or eliminates the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders. Specific benefits include the following:
- Reducing or eliminating chronic pain.
- Increasing energy and vitality.
- Lowering stress and promoting calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.
- Normalizing the body's biological rhythms, thinning the blood and improving blood pressure and flow.
- Protecting the body against potentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs).
- Improving mobility and strengthening muscles.
- Improving sleep.